durusmail: mems-talk: SV: Help on Si-Etch Phenomenon.
SV: Help on Si-Etch Phenomenon.
SV: Help on Si-Etch Phenomenon.
Karin Hermansson
1998-12-21
Hi,

There has been some work done on it, that's for sure. Check:

"Anisotropic etching of z-cut quartz", by C. Hedlund, U. Lindberg, and J.
Söderkvist (J. Micromech. Microeng. 3, 65 (1993))

"Etch rates of Crystallographic Planes in Z-cut Quartz; Experiments and
Simulation", by P. Rangsten, C. Hedlund, I.V. Katardjiev, and Y. Bäcklund
(J. Micromech. Microeng. some of the 1997 or early 1998 issues)

There should be some more, but I don't seem to have the references here now.
Make a search on the names given above. Also, there should be references in
these papers.

They are still doing some quartz micromachining in Uppsala, as far as I
know. You could try contacting Pelle Rangsten
(pelle.rangsten@angstrom.uu.se) or Christer Hedlund
(christer.hedlund@angstrom.uu.se). I am sure they can give you a lot more