durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Help!
Re: Help!
Robert Dean
1998-02-20
At 11:47 PM 2/16/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I am an engeneering student and i am looking for informations about
>pressure and temperature sensors for a class project. If it is possible
>could you please send me informations about the different types of
>pressure sensors and even more.
>i am waiting for your response.
>
>THANK YOU

Hello,

One type of temperature sensor is a long deposited metal strip, made of a
metal with a large temperature coefficient of resistance, so that a change
in temperature changes the resistance.  One such metal is platinum with an R
Tempco of  0.0039/degree C.

As far as pressure sensors, Motorola makes some, such as the MPX10 series.
You can probably find out more about them from their web site, which I
believe is: www.motorola.com.  Analog Devices may also make some.  I believe
their web site is: www.analog.com.

Also, look in the journal: Sensors and Actuators.

Sincerely,

Robert Dean
RF CMOS Designer
MEMS Optical