durusmail: mems-talk: Magnetic-strutural coupled analysis, Ansys
Magnetic-strutural coupled analysis, Ansys
Acoustic Analysis: Error messages
2005-05-08
Magnetic-strutural coupled analysis, Ansys
Daniel Shaw
2005-05-07
Rajan:

I do not have an example easily available.  However, VM171 in the
Verification Manual is a magneto-structural simulation of a magnetic
switch.  A discussion of the model and the input listing is provided in
the Verification Manual.

Section 6.6 of the ANSYS "Coupled-Field Analysis Guide" discusses
directly coupled magneto-structural analyses.  ANSYS has one 2D(PLANE13)
and three 3D(SOLID5, SOLID62, and SOLID98) elements capable of
performing directly coupled, magneto-structural analyses. SOLID5,
PLANE13, and SOLID98 are general purpose, coupled-field elements, so you
need to activate the proper DOFs with the KEYOPT settings.  SOLID62 is
specialized magneto-structural element.

PLANE13 and SOLID68 use the vector potential formulation and can be used
for static and transient analyses. SOLID5 and SOLID98 use the scalar
potential formulation and can be used only in static analyses.

Regards,

Daniel Shaw
ANSYS, Inc.