durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Limitation of detection capacitor value???
Re: Limitation of detection capacitor value???
Re: Limitation of detection capacitor value???
Michael Young
1998-03-10
u8612519@cc.NCTU.edu.tw wrote:

> Hello,
>         Recently,we will design an accelerometer.In our opinion , we
>     want to use the method of "capacitive detection" to sense its
>     G value. Does anyone know that if we want to sense the value correctly,
>     how about the range of capactiance value?
>     About pF(10^-12) or fF(10^-15) or others.
>
>     Thank you very much!!!!
>
> sincerely,
> ------------
> Yu-Chern Lin
> Electrical and Control Eng.
> National Chiao-Tung University,Taiwan
> E-Mail:u8612519@cc.nctu.edu.tw

First of all, you need to determine whether bulk or surface
micromachining will be used.  Your will need to decide what the total
capacitance will be and how much is the stray capacitance in your
design.  The last thing is to determine the capacitance that you want to
have to maintain the performance requirement, ie full scale, overrange,
linearity,etc.

Gook Luck!

Michael Young
Advanced Custom Sensors, Inc.