durusmail: mems-talk: Through wafer etching with KOH - mask
RE: Charge effects in electrostatic actuators
2005-06-20
Through wafer etching with KOH - mask
Through wafer etching with KOH - mask
Hongjun-ECE
2005-06-21
Hope I can partially answer you questions:

1. For the case of 500um thickness, I think either of the solution would
work fine. As far as I would concern, TMAH gives a little bit better surface
quality.

2.silicon oxide is easy to achieve good quality from thermal oxidation,
while nitride has bigger selectivity but you will often meet the problem of
pin holes unless you nitride deposition is optimized enough.

Good luck,

Hongjun Zeng, PhD
Microfabrication Application Laboratory(MAL)
University of Illinois at Chicago