durusmail: mems-talk: Any ways to minimize the writing times for Heidelberg DWL66 mask maker?
Any ways to minimize the writing times for Heidelberg DWL66 mask maker?
Any ways to minimize the writing times for HeidelbergDWL66 mask maker?
Any ways to minimize the writing times for Heidelberg DWL66 mask maker?
Gareth Jenkins
2006-02-21
Hi

There are a number of tricks you can use to reduce exposure time.

1). The DWL scans much faster in the Y-direction than the X-direction so
ensure you structure is oriented so the longest distance is in the
Y-direction rather than X. Avoid multiple fields in the Y-direction as
it is more efficient to combine them into one field.
2). Avoid large areas of empty space in the design as the system will
take the same time to scan even if there is nothing to pattern. This is
especially true for empty space in the X-direction. Consider splitting
the design into it into separate fields if this is unavoidable.
E.g. if you have small alignment features at each corner of a 10cm
square, the system will take a very long time even if your central
structure is tiny as it will scan the whole 10cm^2 area. In this case it
makes sense to put the alignment structures into different fields.
3). Use a write head appropriate for your resolution requirements (if
multiple heads are available). E.g. 40mm write head will expose
approximately 70 times faster than a 4mm write head but the resolution
with be ten times less.
4). Use bi-directional mode. If the system is well set up there should
be very little difference.

Gareth

Chih-Chieh Cheng wrote:

>Hi, everyone
>
>As title, we are seeking a way to minimize the writing times because of the
>cost issue. Our cleanroom charges per hour for Heidelberg. Anyone has any
>ideas?

reply