durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Introductory information about MEMS
Re: Introductory information about MEMS
Re: Introductory information about MEMS
Albert K. Henning

--------------7DC03E954DAC

RobPearce1 wrote:

> I believe I have an application for MEMS technology in one of my current
> design projects. However, I know very little about the subject. Can anyone
> recommend an introductory text or design guide. The design requires a
> microvalve for use with high temperature gasses.

Redwood engages in the design and manufacture of microvalves whose
actuation principles are based on thermopneumatic expansion of a silicon
membrane.  I am attaching a paper which discusses some of the design
aspects of these valves.  Please cite as appropriate.  Note that
Redwood, and others, have valves designed for higher temperatures (how
high?), which are protected by patent.

The attached file is an Adobe PDF file.

Al
--
Albert K. Henning, Ph.D.    650/617-0854 (Office)
Redwood Microsystems        650/326-9217 (FAX)

 isis97.pdf

reply