durusmail: mems-talk: how to reduce miscut angle
how to reduce miscut angle
how to reduce miscut angle
Kenneth Smith
2006-04-28
Miscut angle is normally the slicing orientation angle off the main
orientation of the material. I am assuming the the reference to miscut
of 0.1 degree is actually the tolerance listed by the manufacturer with
the crystal actually being cut ON orientation ( 1-1-0 in this case)  A
miscut of +_0.1 degree is as tight as any slicing operation can cut and
verify on their saws and  Xray system and only a few manufacturers can
even meet this level of accuracy.   There are tolerances within the
slicing process as well as tolerances in the measuring equipment that
must be considered in the manufacturing cycle.

You might want to talk with the manufacturer to see if they can
guarantee a tighter slicing tolerance, but I would doubt it could be
done better than +_0.1 degree.

Once the wafer is sliced , there is no way to change this orientation
tolerance...

Ken Smith

Kmbh Technologies  ( aka Associates)
Phone-510-714-5055 fax 510 217-4421  email kasmith2@ix.netcom.com
Supplier of Specialty High Purity Float Zone and CZ Silicon wafers, SOI, Glass
and other semiconductor and Optical materials and services.

Duan wrote:

> what do you exactly mean by saying miscut angle?
>
> On 4/27/06, Andrea Mazzolari  wrote:
>
>> I have (110) silicon waferds with a miscut angle of 0.1°. Is there a
>> way to
>> reduce miscut angle? Can an etching in TMAH help?

reply