durusmail: mems-talk: silicon nitridation poser
silicon nitridation poser
sample holders
Developing S8 channels through reservoir ports
silicon nitridation poser
Isaac Chan
2006-07-24
Kim,

what kind of deposition technique are you referring to? However, I am sure
that fluorine is not what you want to use. It is an etchant gas in plasma
etching of SiN. For PECVD, you can use silane and ammonia and/or nitrogen
for SiN. You need to optimize the process parameters. Nitride film with
2-3 micron thick usually has very high stress. You may find cracking or
peel-off issues, especially on patterned wafer. Low RF power will reduce
stress. Keep H atomic percent content around 20-30% in the bulk of film
were reported to give device-grade nitride quality.

Regards,
Isaac Chan, Ph.D.

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, K Saw wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to know how I can obtain a nitrided Si layer on a Si wafer.
> The top overlayer of SiN should about 2 or 3 micron. Is fluorine used in
> the process?

reply