From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Abdel Moneim Marzouk
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:05 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Honeywell SOG 512B Etching Recipe with LPCVD
SiliconNitride Selectivity (Abdel Moneim Marzouk)

Hi,

I am currently working on developing a process that involves Honeywell's
Spin-on-Glass (SOG) 512B that is deposited on LPCVD Silicon Nitride wafers.
I am using a RIE dry etch to pattern the SOG, and apparently my recipe
etches the nitride faster than it does the SOG. The recipe I am using
includes CHF3 (40 sccm flow rate), Ar (70 sccm), and CF4 (7sccm).

This recipe etches SOG at a rate of 0.20 microns/min, and nitride at
0.5 microns/min. Since my main concern is etching SOG, and I need the
nitride for insulation puroposes, I was looking for an alternative RIE etch
that would be selective to LPCVD silicon nitride.
reply