From: Xiaoguang "Leo" Liu [mailto:liuxiaoguang@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 7:32 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Partial Metallization of Vertical Walls

Dear all
I've been working on a project in fabricating cavity electromagnetic
resonators that require partial metallization of the side walls. For
example, I would like to produce a rectangular cavity  in the silicon
substrate by DRIE. I would then want 2 of the 4 side walls to be metallized
with gold while keeping the other 2 silicon. I've thought really hard about
this but could not find a way to meet the requirement. The cavity in
consideration is about 1mmx1mm big.

Does anybody have good suggestions? Thanks a lot
reply