durusmail: mems-talk: AZ 4620 as the mask of DRIE
AZ 4620 as the mask of DRIE
AZ 4620 as the mask of DRIE
Brubaker Chad
2006-10-16
Alton,

AZ9260 is not truly a thicker resist than AZP4620 - they actually nearly the
same spin-curves. The primary difference between the two has more to do with
transparency.

I have actually successfully coated and patterned AZP4620 in excess of 60 µm
(although at that thickness, exposure did become more difficult due to
transparency issues).  The thicker this material is, the more difficult it is
for the exposure radiation to penetrate all the way through. However, for 30µm,
this is not too bad (depending, of course, on minimum feature size).

If aspect ratio is a little more critical, you can use AZ9260.  Just like
AZP4620, if you can manage to spin at somewhere around 1000 RPM, you should be
able to get to ~25µm (depending on coating system, of course).

Best Regards,
Chad Brubaker