durusmail: mems-talk: Anyone know what this thing called and where to buy it from? Chip carrier? Chip bonding packaging pad?
Nickel wet etching
polyimide
2006-10-18
Anyone know what this thing called and where to buy it from? Chip carrier? Chip bonding packaging pad?
Anyone know what this thing called and where to buy itfrom? Chip carrier? Chip bonding packaging pad?
2006-10-19
Anyone know what this thing called and where to buy it from? Chip carrier? Chip bonding packaging pad?
2006-10-19
Anyone know what this thing called and where to buy it from? Chip carrier? Chip bonding packaging pad?
Bill Flounders
2006-10-19
Your photos are of a PGA package = pin grid array
Largest manufacturer = Kyocera
http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/index.html

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley Microlab

Guangchi Archie Xuan wrote:
> Hi, All,
>           I found out these two little ceramic-based chip carrier thingies but
nobody around me knows what it's called. I spent an hour googling but to no
avail.  This is the thing that you can put your chip on wire bond the electrical
connection to the gold pads on the ceramic carrier and connects to the outside
using the pins at the bottom of the carrier.
>          I shot a few photos of them and put them here. If you can spend a few
seconds seeing the photo and let me know what they are called and where I can
buy them from.
reply