durusmail: mems-talk: Re: RE: [mems-talk] SU-8 adhesion
SU-8 adhesion
Re: RE: [mems-talk] SU-8 adhesion
2006-11-22
Re: RE: [mems-talk] SU-8 adhesion
Peter Svasek
2006-11-22
Hi ,

I  experienced very poor adhesion of SU-8 on Si-Nitride, it is not very
strong
on glass and Si as well.
Concerning the fact that AP300 deposits a very thin layer of  Ti-Oxide,
I deposited
10 A of Ti by evaporation onto SiN and glass. This layer greatly enhanced
the adhesion of SU-8.
Anyway, a longer PEB at lower temperature is very good to avoid
excessive stress.
Some structures I bake at 60 deg C for 12 hours, then switch off the
hotplate and allow it
to cool down slowly. This is mandatory if the development process takes
some hours.

Best regards
Peter Svasek

--
Vienna University of Technology
Institute of Sensor and Actuator Systems

Brubaker Chad schrieb:

>There is an adhesion promoter available for SU-8:
>
>AP300 from Silicon Resources (siliconresources.com).
reply