durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Trying to Study Diffusion profile
Re: Trying to Study Diffusion profile
Re: Trying to Study Diffusion profile
Mathieu Foquet
2006-11-27
Hi Ali,

Problem usually in these type of experiment is loading the structure in
a significant way (atleast in my experience).

It takes a long time to load the dye in an already filled structure. It
is therefore easier often to activate the dye after having loaded it.

Did you consider using photoactivated dye, load the entire structure
with it, than selectively activate a small portion, and look at the
diffusion of that signal? You can also do the contrary experiment by
look at the diffusion back into the structure...Photobleaching recovery
is often called "FRAP"

A quick googling of "Photoactivated fluorophores" yields this,
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1993aiaa.meetQX...L , and you can also
find things like http://www.biophysj.org/cgi/content/full/75/1/557 .

Hope this helps,

M.