durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 2100 layer thicker than expected
SU-8 2100 layer thicker than expected
SU-8 2100 layer thicker than expected
Brubaker Chad
2006-12-01
Whoops,

I missed the mention that the SU-8 is old.  As Michi mentioned, once past the
expiration date, there is a loss of solvent and perhaps a slight amound of
premature cross-linking.

Just solvent evaporation can be a major contributor.  If I remember correctly
(no guarantees), the SU-8 2100 is ~77% solids, and the SU-8 2050 is ~ 72-73%
solids.  So a swing of 4-5% solids is enough to triple the viscosity (from ~150
P - 15,000 cP - to ~500 P).

Best Regards,
Chad Brubaker

EV Group       invent * innovate * implement
Technology - Tel:  480.727.9635, Fax:  480.727.9700  e-mail:
c.brubaker@EVGroup.com, www.EVGroup.com