durusmail: mems-talk: Releasing of the nitride suspended structure
Releasing of the nitride suspended structure
Releasing of the nitride suspended structure
yun wang
2007-01-12
Hi:

I had the same problem before when I was trying to get a double fixed Cu beam
deposited on silicon substrate. The sacrificed layer was PR. There are two
causes of the sticking. One is the residual stress within the deposited layer
which causes the deformation of the structure, especially when you are using bi-
layer structure. The second is the releasing process. You may want to avoid
using DI water because the surface tension of water may drive the two structures
together during drying. What we did was putting the wafer in alcohol  after
solving the sacrificed layer. And then we put the container into a vaporizing
chamber in room temperature to vaporize all the alcohol, leaving the suspended
structure released. Hope this process can be helpful to your problem.

Yun Wang
Advanced Micro-Nano-Devices Lab
Department of Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo, ON, CA
Email:y83wang@engmail.uwaterloo.ca