From: Sebastien Allard [mailto:sallard@lxsix.com]
Sent: Thu 3/1/2007 11:48 PM
To: Yue Mun Pun, Jeffrey
Subject: RE: [mems-talk] Wet etching Gold

Hello,

I don't know the details of your etching process, but my experience with KI:I2
dictates that agitation is absolutely essential for effective etching and
heating will increase etch rates.

Transene company manufactures a ready-to-use solution TFA Gold Etch (I don't
know the exact concentrations), but I have used it at  65 +/- 2 C and managed to
remove completely 15 microns in 4 minutes.  Theoretically, this product etches
at 28 angstroms per second at 25 C, but gets up at 350 angstroms per second at
65 C.
reply