From: Yue Mun Pun, Jeffrey
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 4:30 PM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Bonding gold wires to gold electrode

Hi,
I need to bond gold wires to gold electrode.  Typically, how thick should
the gold electrode be and what should the surface area of the electrode be
for a good bond?
Also, will there be any impact if the gold electrode is sitting on a film of
SU-8, for if ultrasound is used in the bonding process, I'm afraid that the
underlying SU-8 might crack due to the high energy of the ultrasound.
reply