durusmail: mems-talk: Question on PDMS micro channels
Question on PDMS micro channels
Question on PDMS micro channels
Joseph Grogan
2007-06-18
The acetone won't "attack" the PDMS to make it dissolve or anything like
that, but it will strongly affect it by making it swell. Up to you to
determine how much of a problem that causes. I also found the reference
mentioned below to be extremely helpful.
-Joe Grogan

Chris Bliss wrote:
> Hi King,
> The following is a great study investigating solvent compatibility with
> PDMS:
> J. N. Lee, C. Park, and G. M. Whitesides, "Solvent compatibility of
> poly(dimethylsiloxane)-based microfluidic devices," Analytical Chemistry,
> vol. 75, pp. 6544-6554, 2003.
reply