durusmail: mems-talk: ebeam evaporated metal's properties
ebeam evaporated metal's properties
ebeam evaporated metal's properties
Matthew Coda
2007-07-02
Josh,

A couple things come to mind.

If your substrates substantially heated during the process then I'd say
there's a good chance that you're getting significant interdiffusion
between the Pt or Ti (I don't have a phase diagram in front of me but
I'd bet there's decent solubility in at least the Ti-Pt system), this
can cause a substantial rise in resistivity.

Second if your original model is using bulk resistivity then it assumes
large grain structures which have better (lower) resistance, evaporated
material will often have smaller grains and higher resistances though a
factor of 8 seems a little high for this to be the only reason.

Good luck,
Matt