durusmail: mems-talk: Al2O3
Al2O3
Is there an EVG user group?
Al2O3
amit asthana
2007-10-12
Dear Sharma ji,

There are many etchant for Alumina. The best one is the Potassium
Carbonate and Potassium bicarbonate mixture. This has been reported by
Team of IBM.

Another good etchant is mixture of Phosphoric acid H 3PO4 and Chromic
acid solution. To prepare this solution you can take 7 ml of
Phosphoric acid and add 4 gram of Cr2O3.

Or another way is to etch Alumina by NaOH and EDTA solution. Alternate
to NaOH is Tetramethylammonium hydroxide solution.

Bye the way, what type of Alumina you are using? Anodized Alumina or
Amorphous Alumina ceramic sheet? If it is Anodized Alumina, you can
find number of report / papers on this topic. Try sciencedirect or
scifinder for that....

HF will certainly not work.

Hope this will help you.

Best