durusmail: mems-talk: Isotropic Quartz etching
Isotropic Quartz etching
Isotropic Quartz etching
Sven Holmström
2007-10-22
On 10/19/07, Xiaoguang Liu  wrote:
> Hi Sven
>
> Could you be more specific with your etching condition? Like your mask
> material, HF concentration etc?

Leo,

I have tried several different combinations, but the masking was
successful using the following conditions:

Masklayer: chromium/gold (10/500nm). 2,1 micrometer positive
photoresist was left for the etching (I am not too sure about the
thickness.)

HF: 50% - not diluted.

No agitation was used (earlier I have used ultrasonication, but this
seems to worsen the masking ability of the gold).

The result was the bad etching I described earlier.

regards,

Sven

reply