From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Javier Sesé
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:42 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] PECVD oxide on gold

  We are fabricating a microcoil using two metal layers and PECVD oxide for
electrical insulation. The metal layers are gold deposited using e-beam
evaporation with a few nm of Cromium for adhesion. We found that the PECVD oxide
that grows on top of gold is VERY ROUGH (tipically a roughness of 50nm for a
200nm thick layer). Further it is plenty of pinholes. Does anyone know the
reason?

We use N2O and 5%SiH4 95%He as precursor gases, deposition temperature is
T=300ºC