durusmail: mems-talk: Cantilever sowing
Cantilever sowing
Nicolas Duarte
2008-02-11
Have you tried coating the wafer in photoresist?  Depending on the
size and shape of the cantilevers you may be able to secure and
protect the cantilevers with a photoresist (just spin it like you
normally would when exposing a wafer).  After dicing you can clean off
the photoresist in baths of acetone and ipa and then air dry (to
reduce the forces on the cantilevers).  You may want to perform an
oxygen plasma clean after that as well to make sure that your surfaces
are truly clean.

The one big danger in this version is that if the cantilever is not
stiff enough you may encounter stiction issues during the cleaning.

Good luck,

Nicolas Duarte
PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering
Pennsylvania State University

On Feb 10, 2008, at 7:00 AM, Ir. Elina Iervolino wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have  wafers with cantilever that need to be sowing to obtain the
> single die.
> I tried with one but all the cantilever do not survive because of
> the water flushing
> on the wafer
> Do anyone have experience with the sowing of the wafer with
> cantilever?

reply