durusmail: mems-talk: Re: PZT force ...
Re: PZT force ...
Gokhan Percin
1998-08-15
Hello Mehmet,

It depends what kind of PZT device you have.
I designed a beta version of MATLAB toolbox for designing
thickness mode piezoelectric transducers. Bascially, program is capable of
calculating time and frequency response of the transducer, including of
electrical input impedance, front port displacement, velocity and force
calculations. Transducer can consist of piezoelectric material, electrodes
and matching layers. Since, you are from educational institution I can
provide the program for you. After, I got the copyright release from
Stanford University I may provide the program for industrial users.

I am also working on flextensional mode piezoelectric transducers.
Currently, I am using variational methods and plate equations to calculate
the displacement of a laminated piezoelectric-passive membrane
flextensional transducers.

Hope this help you.

Gokhan Percin

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Mehmet Arik wrote:

> I would like to claculate the force on a PZT device. Anybody has any
> suggestion about any correlation or formulation about that.
>
> Thanx..
>

> Mehmet.
>
> ***************************
>
> University Minnesota
> Thermal Management of Electronic Systems
> Department of Mechanical Engineering
> 111 Church Street, Minneapolis
> MN 55455                   USA
>
> Office: ME458
> Phones: (612) 626-9551  Office
> Fax:    (612) 624-5230
>
> http://www.menet.umn.edu/~arik
>
>           HAVE A GREAT SUMMER
>
> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Mark Sheplak wrote:
>
> > Werner,
> >
> > I can offer you partial help.  The following paper will give you everything
> > that you need for the circular case...
> >
> > Sheplak, M. and Dugundji, J., ``Large Deflections of Clamped Circular Plates
> > Under Tension and Transitions to Membrane Behavior,''  J. Appl. Mech., Vol.
> > 65, No. 1, 107-115, 1998.
> >
> > We developed this model to aid in the design of a piezoresistive microphone.
> > It proved to be very accurate for our application. I hope that this is
> > helpful to you.  If you have any questions please contact me.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mark

> > Mark Sheplak
> > Department of Aerospace Engineering,