durusmail: mems-talk: How much Tween 20 to add
How much Tween 20 to add
How much Tween 20 to add
Le Cao Hoai Nam
2008-02-22
Dear Vishwa,

I am also working on PIV. I use 0.05% by volume of Tween 20 in DI water. I
can obtain monodisperse suspension of beads. This adding also prevents
non-specific binding of beads to glass substrate. Please refer to this
paper:
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?isnumber=4388308&arnumber=4388434&co
unt=386&index=125

Hope this help
Nam Le
Ritsumeikan University

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Kirt Williams
wrote:

> Start with 0.01% Tween-20 by volume (e.g., 100 uL Tween-20 in 1 L of
> water).
> According to a paper I've seen, concentrations greater than this do not
> lower the surface tension, while concentrations lower than this result in
> higher surface tension. From experience 0.01% is nice enough to work with,
> while 0.1% produces more foaming.
>     --Kirt Williams

reply