durusmail: mems-talk: Release of SU-8 structures using wet etching
Release of SU-8 structures using wet etching
2008-05-07
Release of SU-8 structures using wet etching
Michael Larsson
2008-05-07
Hi Prem,

The SU-8 will peel off faster with higher solution temperature and
longer immersion time. I didn't do experiments at <60 deg C, but I can
imagine the structures won't stand much of a chance remaining attached
to the substrate beyond a few minutes at temperatures above RT. The
chemical bond at the substrate-SU-8 interface is attacked in solution,
and peeling is promoted by a residual (tensile) stress state in the
film.

I'll dig up some more SEM pictures, and send them to you later in the week.

Regards,

Michael

other than published in your papers, please send.Do you have any experinece of
SU-8 peeling off if the KOH etching is performed at temperature lower than 60 C.

> Best regards
>
> Prem
reply