durusmail: mems-talk: Glass to Kovar anodic bonding
Glass to Kovar anodic bonding
Glass to Kovar anodic bonding
Sarosh Khwaja
2008-06-24
Yes, Si is oxidized by reaction with OH- in solution, which is then etched
by HF
[
http://books.google.com/books?id=9bk3gJeQKBYC&pg=PA252&lpg=PA251&dq=madou,+princ
iples+of+microfabrication,+HF&sig=ACfU3U0x-8FQkRm19AT43owqhdSfEMFuqw,
scroll to pg. 210]

Might be useful when we get to picoscale.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Seongmu Heo  wrote:

> Thanks Sarosh for the information I haven't been aware of.
> Could you provide more details about how HF etches Si?
> Repetition of oxidation of Si by DI and etching of SiO2 by HF?

reply