durusmail: mems-talk: binding tubing and pdms
binding tubing and pdms
binding tubing and pdms
Joshua Tice
2008-07-01
Hi Jose,

Typically, we just insert tubing directly into our PDMS devices.  You should
make sure that the hole in the PDMS is slightly smaller than the outer
diameter of your tubing, but the PDMS will hold it in up to pretty
reasonable pressures, and the seal will be water tight.  I've tried using
several different epoxies on PDMS, but none have sealed irreversibly.

Josh

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Jose Guevarra  wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm working on a cytometer made of PDMS. Is there a standard epoxy that is
> used when binding tubing with PDMS to make the seal water tight?
>
> Thanks.

Joshua Tice

Graduate Research Assistant
Kenis Research Group
Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Roger Adams Laboratory, Room 216A, Box C3
600 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
217-333-2442 (office)
217-244-8068 (fax)