durusmail: mems-talk: PDMS to PDMS oxygen plasma bonding
PDMS to PDMS oxygen plasma bonding
PDMS to PDMS oxygen plasma bonding
Joshua Tice
2008-07-02
Hi Jose,

Yes, although in my experience, it doesn't always work as consistently.  I
always heat my devices afterward to improve the seal (usually 65 C for an
hour).

When sealing PDMS to PDMS, you can also use different ratios of curing agent
in each layer to create a seal.  See Quake et al.'s paper:
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/288/5463/113

Josh

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Jose Guevarra  wrote:

> HI,
>
> I use oxygen plasma bonding to bond glass with pdms.  Does that also work
> if I wanted to do PDMS to PDMS bonding?

Joshua Tice

Graduate Research Assistant
Kenis Research Group
Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Roger Adams Laboratory, Room 216A, Box C3
600 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
217-333-2442 (office)
217-244-8068 (fax)