durusmail: mems-talk: optics in thin films
optics in thin films
optics in thin films
Matthew Coda
2008-07-22
If you're talking about optical design using thin films then I think a
great resource is Angus Macleod at the "Thin Film Center".  He offers a
pair of good thin film optics design classes and has at least one book
on thin film optics.  His book also has a section on 'theory' or
'fundamentals' in which he discusses fundamental materials properties.

If you're looking for information on the evolution of optical properties
in thin films then Milt Ohring's book "The Material Science of Thin
Films" has a small section (with references) though it focuses heavily
on PVD deposited films.

A raft of books on WDM and DWDM came out during the telecom boom, in
addition to DWDM design issues many cover materials selection and
performance.

Finally, the Society of Vacuum Coaters (SVC) and the American Vacuum
Society (AVS) both offer short courses in various areas of thin film
optics.

Good luck,
Matt