From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of liuxf
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:29 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] CF4 RIE etch of SiO2

Hi all,

My SiO2 film thickness is about 200nm, and I want to open a hole with
diameter 3um so that to pass through my electrode. I wonder when I etch
it with CF4 plasma, will this have a bad aspect ratio? I mean probably
only the center of the hole is opened but the other area still has some
SiO2 left?

BTW: how about CHF3 compared with CF4?

thank you in advance
shane