durusmail: mems-talk: Re: RCA Etch??
Re: RCA Etch??
MARK HAMMOND
1998-09-04
Jason,
I think that you are referring to RCA clean.  The first solution in RCA
clean is 1 part ammonia,  1 part hydrogen peroxide, 5 parts water.  Do
literature search on RCA clean, or Werner Kern (who developed RCA Clean
here at Sarnoff). Let me know if I steered you in the right direction!

Thanks,
Mark Hammond
Director, Silicon Technology Organization
Sarnoff Corporation

Jason Tauscher wrote:

> Someone mentioned a solution used to clean off Organic contaminants
> called RCA Etch or something similar.  It was developed in the 70's or
> earlier, but I can't find any literature on it.  I believe that it
> contains H2O2 and H2SO4 but I don't know in what proportions.  If anyone
> can help  me out, I'd appreciate it.
>  We're having some problems with "sticking" of our capacitive
> accelerometers and want to eliminate the possibility of organic
> contaminants.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason Tauscher
>

> Jason@sdi.wa.com

reply