durusmail: mems-talk: Filling deep vias with resist
Filling deep vias with resist
Filling deep vias with resist
Kevin Paul Nichols
2008-10-28
Do you have a desiccator present (bell-jar connected to a roughing vacuum
pump)? If not, a "dirty" vacuum processing tool that nobody will mind having
wet resist placed in? You might be able to get filling that way after doing
your solvent/resist puddle. As a disclaimer, I haven't tried this myself,
but I wouldn't think it would affect the resist much more than a poorly
optimized soft bake would.

- Kevin

> From: Robert Black
> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:47:01 -0500
> To: 'General MEMS discussion'
> Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Filling deep vias with resist
>
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I am definitely trapping air in the vias. I have
> tried doing a PGMA puddle (resist solvent) to let it fill the via, and
> follow with resist and have it wick down the via. X-sections appear to show
> that the PGMA didn't reach the bottom of the via. I assume some sort of
> de-wetting. I'd love to try spray, but capital expenditures are frozen.
>
> I'm trying to fill and planerize the top side before backside pattern.
>
> Robert
reply