From: Nicolas Duarte [mailto:nbd110@psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 5:47 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Smelly Wafers

I just started a new job where, after an HF etch to remove phosphor
glass, the wafers have a pungent garlic smell to them.  I asked my
coworkers about this and they said it was "normal," but I have never
encountered a wafer that had a scent.  It has been my experience that
where there is smell there is a contaminant so I was wondering if
anyone know what the potential source of this smell may be.

Nicolas Duarte

reply