durusmail: mems-talk: selective etch of AlGaAs/GaAs with different doping and metal in present
selective etch of AlGaAs/GaAs with different doping and metal in present
selective etch of AlGaAs/GaAs with different doping and metal in present
SEBESTA Edward
2008-11-12
I agree with Mr. Cantos that it is very likely a galvanic effect.
Another possibility is diluting your etchant with ethyl glycol. That
would reduce the effect of the gold to solution current and might block
the emf. I don't know this for a fact, but it is something I am looking
into.

Keeping the resist one, as Mr. Cantos suggests, should help some, just
by reducing the area of the gold in contact with the solution and
thereby reducing the current.

Perhaps some sacrificial layer can be deposited on the gold or a polymer
to block contact with the solution. These are highly speculative
suggestions as is the ethyl glycol.

Ed