durusmail: mems-talk: Re: PMMA on SiO2
Re: PMMA on SiO2
1998-09-22
Re: PMMA on SiO2
Yohannes
1998-09-22
Hi Jie,

One of the methods used to improve the adhession of PMMA to substrates such
as yours is to use a promer layer of methacryloxypropyl-trimethoxysilane
also known simply as MEMO.  Spin coat the MEMO on your susbstrate followed
by spin coating of the PMMA.

Good luck
Yohannes M. Desta

At 02:05 PM 9/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone,
>
>Can anybody please tell me how to improve the sticking of PMMA on Si O2
>surface? I am trying to etch a trench of ~50 nm wide and 15 nm deep in
>the SiO2 layer using HF but the PMMA lift off from the surface when I
>dip the wafer into HF solution.Any comment is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jie Liu
>Rice University

From ROLAND A. LEVY, DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS, NJIT; TEL.   Thu Sep 24
20:23:29 1998
To: mems@isi.edu
Subject:   RE: Dep of Piezoelectric Films...
From:   "ROLAND A. LEVY, DISTINGUISHED PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS, NJIT; TEL.
Date: Thu Sep 24 20:23:29 1998

Aravind:

I have capabilities for sputtering PZT and reactive sputtering AlN. I would
liketo know the wafer size and the number of wafers you may need to process.
Contactme at your earliest convenience.

Best regards

Roland Levy

reply