durusmail: mems-talk: DRIE Etch lag due to microloading
DRIE Etch lag due to microloading
2009-01-05
DRIE Etch lag due to microloading
Prasanna Srinivasan
2009-01-05
Hi Fei,

Many thanks for your reply.

Actually I have a patterned a nitride mask of comb fingers on silicon which
is suspended by anchors bonded to glass. I am trying to etch the bulk
silicon down by DRIE etch using the nitride mask. I experience the etch lag
due microloading effect since the comb finger sizes are smaller than other
features. Since the wafers are already bonded, I cannot coat any metals or
ITO on the glass side exposed to plasma. I am trying to find out if there
are any other ways to handle this problem by changing the recipes.

With regards,
Prasanna

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Fei Wang  wrote:

> Hi Srini,
>
> I am not very sure about your problem. Are you going to etch down the
> bulk silicon for the comb structure with a pattern mask? Or, you have
> already get the comb structure but want to thinner it? If you are not
> able to depositing ITO for the mask, you may try some metals such as,
> Al, Cr.
>
> Good luck!
> Fei

reply