durusmail: mems-talk: Ti layer measurement...
Ti layer measurement...
Ti layer measurement...
Kirt Williams
2009-02-18
Trying to calculate thickness from measured sheet resistance and looking up
the bulk resistivity in a book is prone to error.

The resistivity of thin metal films is typically higher than than of bulk
material, and varies with the deposition conditions.

For sputtered titanium, I have varied the chamber pressure from 2 to 20
mTorr and seen the resistivity rise from ~0.8 to 2.7e-6 ohm-m.

For a bulk value (from the CRC Hanbook of Chemistry and Physics), the
resistivity is 4.2e-7 ohm-m, half of the lowest value that I measured.

    --Kirt Williams