From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org
[mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On Behalf Of junjun wu
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:56 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] This is known as RIE Lag RE: XeF2 etching of Si

Hi Edward, no plasma is used in the XeF2 process. As you and Mehmet
pointed out in his comment, this seems to be a universal effect for dry
etching, which I think might have something to do with how fast the
resulting SiF4 can be removed from the surface. I wonder if there are
any ways to alleviate it, such as dilution of the XeF2 vapor,
temperature control, or in stead of static XeF2 soaking using a constant
flow over wafer surface ... Thanks. Junjun

--
Junjun Wu
Twin Creeks Technologies