durusmail: mems-talk: Spin coating of Nusil CF19-2186 elastomer
Spin coating of Nusil CF19-2186 elastomer
Spin coating of Nusil CF19-2186 elastomer
Brad Cantos
2009-03-06
Allwyn,

This may be a long shot and I have never tried it, but you might want
to investigate it.  Dentists use a kind of applicator to make molds
when they are doing tooth reconstructions.  They use viscous materials
are equally concerned with avoiding air bubbles and this system is
quite effective.  These look like syringes except they have a dual
supply and a mixing system that works when pressure is applied.  The
one that I have seen uses equal parts of each resin, but they may make
some with different ratios.  Here is a link to one of these
manufacturers:
http://plaspakinc.com/Medication_Applicators.htm

Brad Cantos
brad.cantos@holage.com
http://holage.com

On Mar 6, 2009, at 4:38 AM, Nano World wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are trying to spincoat Nusil CF19-2186 elastomer. We are facing
> problems
> because the liquid is highly viscous and I think it starts to cure
> while we
> are trying to degass it. The mixing of the base and the curing agent
> also
> causes a lot of bubbles, so we think it is essential that we degass it
> before spincoating. We are also trying to coat without degassing
> with mixed
> results.
>
> Any suggestions?.
>
> thank you for the response