durusmail: mems-talk: Philips XL 30 ESEM HTSU Arching Over 10kV
Philips XL 30 ESEM HTSU Arching Over 10kV
Philips XL 30 ESEM HTSU Arching Over 10kV
Brian Stahl
2009-03-12
Hello Du,

Do you only encounter this arcing issue when running the microscope in
environmental SEM mode?  If so, it probably means your chamber pressure is
too high and the water vapor (or whatever gas you're flowing) is ionizing.
Try reducing the pressure in your chamber.

Good luck,

Brian C. Stahl
Graduate Student Researcher
UCSB Materials Research Laboratory
brian.stahl@gmail.com / bstahl@mrl.ucsb.edu
Cell: (805) 748-5839
Office: MRL 3117A

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Qinghong Du  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a Philips XL30 ESEM system. Recently, the system only can work
> under 10kV. Over 10kV, there is arching issue in the HTSU unit. Does anybody
> have this experience and any idea to fix it?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Du
reply