durusmail: mems-talk: Thick positive photoresist revisited
Thick positive photoresist revisited
Thick positive photoresist revisited
Ed
2009-03-31
Hi Thomas,

You should try the AZ10XT resists from AZ Electronic Materials.
Bake time is relatively short (~3-4' for ~8µm thick resist) and it allows a
large range of thicknesses (from ~6µm to >20µm in a single spin step) and it
is developed with MF351, AZ400k, and OPD resists.
If you want more informations about the processes just contact me directely
by mail.

In other words AZ10XT resist works very well and is quite flexible and easy
to use.

Kind regards,
Edouard Duriau

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Thomas W Frisk  wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need to pattern fairly large features (10s of micrometers) with a thick
> (? 5-10 µm) positive photoresist. It should withstand some fairly tough
> etching (DRIE, through wafer, fast'n hot production machine). Last time I
> did such (say 7 years ago) we used 5470 (or was it 5740?). I seem to
> remember this was not working out so well.
>
> Now, what is the name of the game today? On our shelves I've found SPR 220
> 4.5 and AZ 4533. Could these be useful? And heard of AZ 9060 something.....
> Or should I get something even newer?
>
> All opinions welcome, such as ease of use, tedious protocol, weird baking
> procedures, multi-exposure, PEB, developer issues or?
>
> Brgds Thomas F
> Post-doc
reply