durusmail: mems-talk: Pinhole formation on silicon after DRIE
Pinhole formation on silicon after DRIE
Pinhole formation on silicon after DRIE
Pavan Samudrala
2009-04-08
Hi Bhargav,

Your description makes me feel that there are pin holes in the photoresist
(may even have formed during the DRIE) which have translated into the bottom
silicon wafer. If the resist is old, it tends to form small hard
microparticles which got knocked off during DRIE and leave pit holes on the
resist surface. I would suggest to use new resist and perform the same
experiment. Hard baking should also help though stripping the resist should
take you some time. If you still face the same problem, try double layer
resist patterning and hopefully it should solve the problem.

Regards,
Pavan

--
Pavan Samudrala