From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org on behalf of DEBASHIS MAJI
Sent: Fri 5/29/2009 11:46 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Hydrophobic recovery of PDMS

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the hydrophobic recovery of PDMS. It is explained
that the hydrophobic recovery is due to the slow diffusion of the Lower
molecular weight PDMS components to the top surface thus rendering the
surface hydrophobic again. Here I have a doubt regarding, which lower
molecular weight ( compared to which heavier MW ) gets diffused in? Is it
the -CH3 ( MW-15) polymeric chain that slowly diffuses in to replace the
hydrophilic -OH group ( MW-17)?  Any sort of help shall be highly
appreciated.
reply