durusmail: mems-talk: spincoat polystyrene on PDMS structure
spincoat polystyrene on PDMS structure
spincoat polystyrene on PDMS structure
Brian Stahl
2009-06-05
The toluene will probably swell the PDMS and might cause your PS film to
buckle as the solvent evaporates, unless you can find a way to shield the
PDMS from the toluene.  Although, maybe the toluene evaporating from the
PDMS through the PS film will give the PS enough mobility to reorganize and
not buckle; give it a try and see what happens.  Good luck!

--
Brian C. Stahl
Graduate Student Researcher

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Shao Guocheng  wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
>     I'm currently working on some PDMS microfluidic strcuture and thinking
> about use a thin polystyrene(PS) layer on top of the PDMS to take advantage
> of PS surface for bio-application. Has any one done this kinda process
> before? Is there any specific thing I need to pay attention to? I have not
> started doing this yet. my concerns are the possible poor bonding between
> PDMS and polystyrene, and also the possible solvent (I plan to use
> toluene) diffusion into the PDMS matrix?  thanks in advance for your input.
>
> Guocheng Shao
reply