durusmail: mems-talk: metal tubing for microfluidic chip
metal tubing for microfluidic chip
metal tubing for microfluidic chip
Brad Cantos
2009-06-29
Hello Guocheng,

If you need just small amounts of tubing, visit a local hobby shop.
They sell brass and aluminum tubing in various diameters in about 12-
inch lengths, and it is relatively inexpensive.  I believe they are
commonly used for gas engines on model airplanes.

Brad Cantos
brad.cantos@holage.com
http://holage.com

On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:58 PM, Shao Guocheng wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
>    I'm working on some microfluidic device with pneumatic micro
> valve. We normally use plastic tubing from upchurch for microfluidic
> chips. But it might be a little easier to form air-tight connection
> with metal tubing. I have seen some in the literature, but cannt
> really find the supplier..... Did some goolging but got no luck..
>
>    If you happen to be using metal tubing for microfluidic chips,
> would you pls provide me some information about where I can get
> these tubings. I will need something with OD around 1mm.
reply