durusmail: mems-talk: microfabrication of blade structures
microfabrication of blade structures
release of metal structures and etching of stainless steel
microfabrication of blade structures
Albert Henning
2009-07-29
I know there have been papers published on micro end mills and micro
ball mills, with cutting surfaces appropriate to those purposes.  The
company MicroEndMill even offers for sale a carbide end mill which is 50
um in diameter and 150 um long.  If you use scholar.google.com and look
up 'micro end mill', you'll get papers on the first and second pages
addressing both wearout phenomena as well as toughness as well as
fabrication processes.

Albert K. Henning, PhD
Director of MEMS Technology
NanoInk, Inc.