durusmail: mems-talk: pressure sensor membrane characterization
pressure sensor membrane characterization
pressure sensor membrane characterization
Rob Hunter
2009-10-01
Hi Rahul-

You can easily use Roarks formulas for plates to determine the stress and
deflection of a flat plate.  Or model it in FEA.

For characteization, you should step the pressure in 1 bar increments while
measuring the raw sensor output (ohms or farads).  Plot this output vs pressure
to and check the linearity.

You should also do this across the temperature range.  Start with room, cold,
then hot.

hope this helps

Robert Hunter

> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:06:32 +0530
> From: rhlgoswami7@gmail.com
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Subject: [mems-talk] pressure sensor membrane characterization
>
> hi!
> i have to characterize my pressure sensor membrane for up to 10 bar. What
> is the procedure? How much pressure would a 15 micron membrane withstand?
>
> rahul
reply